Do you want to add your own custom email account with your personal domain or any other email ID, like that of Gmail with Outlook.com? You would be happy to know that you can do it. There is a way to add these aliases with your Microsoft account with Outlook.com (formerly also known as Hotmail.com).
Add Custom Domain Email With Outlook.Com
In fact, even if you do not have any your own existing email address, you can create a new alias with Outlook.com, such as “Sales.firstname.lastname@example.org.” This gives you the freedom to send or receive email addresses using this alias, instead of the main Outook.com address. This can also come in handy to subscribe for websites where you do not want to reveal your original email address in the fear of spam. You can keep the main address out of the hands of marketers and spammers.
This alias will use the same inbox, contact list, and account settings as your primary Outlook.com address. But you can choose which alias email address you want to send an email from. You can even login using one of the aliases as all of them have the same login password as the primary email address.
Note that if you have a Microsoft account with Hotmail.com address, that will work as well. Outlook.com was primarily known as Hotmail.com.
How to add a custom domain email or any other email as an alias in Outlook.com account?
Here is how to add a custom domain email or any other email as an alias in Outlook.com.
- First, open Outlook.com and login with your Microsoft account address either in Outlook.com or Hotmail.com
- Click on the “Settings” icon on the top bar -> then click on “View All Outlook Settings” at the bottom
- Click “Mail” -> Sync Email, and then under “Email Aliases,” click on “Manage or choose a primary alias” to open a new Microsoft account page
- Then inside the “Manage” page, click on “Add Email” to add a new email alias.
- You have two options:
- Create and add a new Outlook.com or Outlook.in email address
- Add an existing email address as an alias
- If you want to add your own custom-domain email ID (such as email@example.com), choose the 2nd option. If you want to create another Outlook.com address because you do not want to share your primary email address, choose the 1st option.
Once you have added the email address, click on “Add Alias.”
If you are adding an existing email address as an alias, you also need to verify it. Microsoft/Outlook will send a verification email to that address and you have to login there and click on the verification link.
Back on the “Manage” page, you have the options for each alias, such as remove alias, verify address, and make primary.
The primary address is displayed on your Microsoft devices. But you can make any one of your aliases as primary. But also with your non-primary aliases, you can choose them to login to your Microsoft account, check your inbox, send emails from, and more. When you create a new email from within Outlook.com, you can click on the “from” dropdown menu to choose which alias you want to send an email from. Replies to an existing email address as aliases will not be displayed in the Outlook inbox. To view those, you have to login to the inbox of that particular email account.