How to Convert OLM to PST with ‘OLM Extractor Max;
Here is the tutorial for How to export olm file, How to convert olm to pst and How to import pst file to Windows Outlook. Only few tools can convert OLM to PST properly, without data loss, without losing several of the items like images, attachments, and so on. One of the best in that category is ‘OLM Extractor Max’ from USL Software. It is so close to the perfection that you would not find a single issue while converting your files (OLM to PST).
The concern of most of the users has always been that this job appears to be of mammoth size, especially for beginners. That’s because the typical OLM to PST converter available online have very poorly designed interfaces. They can overwhelm the users without getting them anywhere close to the end line.
‘OLM Extractor Max’ has truly achieved something here with its minimalistic based design, and yet, has made no trade-offs with the overall range of features. You still get a lot of control over how the conversion is done, without cluttering the interface.
So, without further ado, let’s get down to business. Below are the simple few steps that you need to take in ‘OLM Extractor Max’ to convert OLM files to PST.
Keep in mind that you can start using the tool right now without reading this tutorial, because of hos intuitive the GUI is. But the conversion process is not just about the ‘converter.’ You also need to have to do a few things before actually using the tool. This tutorial is written keeping the entire task in mind, from the starting point to the last, including the middle part where you actually use the tool.
There are three phases to this job – backing up Mac Outlook data to OLM files, using the tool to convert the files to PST, and importing PST files to Windows Outlook.
Here’s how you tackled the first phase.
Backing Up Mac Outlook data to OLM files
- Open Mac Outlook, go to ‘File’ à ‘Export’
- Choose ‘Outlook for Mac Data File (.OLM)’
- Select the type of items you want to archive/back up (notes, mails, contacts, etc.)
- Click the right arrow to continue
- Choose if you want to delete the data from Mac Outlook after exporting or not, and the click the next arrow to continue
- Select the location to save the OLM files and click ‘Save’
You have successfully archived your data to Mac Outlook. Keep in mind that Mac Outlook does not export your account settings or Outlook preferences.
Let’s move on to the next phase.
Using ‘OLM Extractor Max’ to convert OLM to PST Files
This is the most daunting step for most users because of the tools they have been using. Thanks to ‘OLM Extractor Max,’ this is now extremely easy and straightforward – easiest of all three phases of data migration.
Download the setup for the tool here, install it, and launch it. You don’t need to activate or buy any license key just yet. You can try it out in its free trial mode for now.
- Click on ‘Add Olm files’ and choose the OLM files you just archived the data into, in the steps above. The tool allows batch conversion. So, if you have more than one OLM File, you can load all of them up at the same time.
- The tool displays all the folders inside the files. Check if you want to exclude any folders from conversion and un-tick the box next to them. You can also use the filter options to make the selection more easily. Or just leave all the folders selected by default, if you want to convert everything.
- And just click ‘Convert’ to get everything to PST files compatible with Outlook Windows.
This is it! This is the easiest only 3-step conversion process that no other tool makes it possible.
There are many extra options available for you to control how conversion is taken place.
- Merge contacts to default address book per folder
- Also merge calendar entries to default calendar
- Merge all OLM files to a single PST file
- Split large PST files (select the size for splitting manually)
Now, we are left with the last stage of the conversion – importing the converted PST files to Windows Outlook.
Import PST files to Windows Outlook
First, you need to copy the PST files that the tool just converted OLM files to (in the steps above). And then launch your Windows Outlook and follow the steps below to import the files.
- Go to ‘File’ à select ‘Open & Export’ in the left-hand tab à Select ‘Import/Export’
- Choose ‘Import from another program or file’ and click ‘Next’
- Choose ‘Outlook Data File (.PST)’ and browse to the PST file you just got from the tool ‘OLM Extractor Max’ in the steps above.
- Choose how you want to deal with the duplicate items (replace, allow, or delete) and click ‘Next’
- Choose the mailbox folder you want the data in PST files to import to, and click ‘Finish’
Congratulations! You have successfully moved everything from your Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook without a sweat. The tool also ensures no items were converted incorrectly. No data was lost or no corruption took place in original or final output items.
You can get the free trial version of ‘OLM Extractor Max’. It converts ten items from each folder, without disabling any other feature.