How to Convert Outlook OLM files to MBOX, EML, RGE etc
The tutorial below will help you convert Outlook 2011 Olm files to multiple email formats, including Mbox, Eml, and Rge for email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, or Postbox.
The tool offers accurate and complete migration of data, including emails, contacts, and calendar data.
The steps outlined below are easy to follow by anyone.
- Get a copy of ‘Olm Extractor Pro’ trial or full version. Install it.
- After that, launch the tool from your Mac applications.
- Click on “Add Olm” button to load your Olm files.
- Navigate to the location where the Olm files are stored and select them.
- You will get the preview of all the folders the selected Olm files contain. You can filter the type of content by simple checking the boxes labeled Mail, contacts, and calendar. To hide the type of folders from the preview, simply uncheck the box.
- Start by selecting the folders you want to convert. Uncheck the ones that you don’t want to convert.
- Choose the output format to convert the Olm files to from the drop-down menu.
- Specify the extra three options given before the conversion –
- Check the box to save the read and unread emails in separate folders. If you don’t want to create two different folders after the conversion, leave the box unchecked. The tool still preserves the status of the emails (read or unread) but will keep all the mails under same folder.
- Check the box to merge all the contacts to a single Vcf file (vCard files) per contact folder.
- Check the box to merge all contact data to a single Ics file (iCal file) per contact folder.
- A notification will appear if you are using a trial version. Click “Ok” to continue.
- The tool will ask for the location where you want to save the converted files. Select the folder and the desired output location and click “Save”.
- Wait while “Olm Extractor Pro” converts the data. When finished, click “Ok” to close.
- Alternatively, click on “Locate Output folder” to directly go to the folder where the converted files are saved.