How to Convert Mac Mail to Outlook 2016 for Mac / Windows
Moving the data from Mac Mail to recently released Outlook 2016 can be a little overwhelming. If you are looking to do that, you might be slightly anxious as to how you can do it effortlessly, and still maintain the data integrity.
Because generally, when you use ordinary tools or manual methods, the chances of data corruption and incomplete migration is high.
Here in this tutorial, you will learn how you can convert all your emails, contact, and calendar data to Outlook 2016 using a professional third party tool called “Mail Extractor Pro”. It is a program designed to offer most effortless migration solution for Apple Mail to Mac Outlook 2016.
“Mail Extractor Pro” is an email migration tool which converts the Mbox files to Pst files. Pst file is basically a file format used primarily by Windows Outlook to store data. But with new release of Outlook 2016, you can use “Mail Extractor Pro” to transfer the data from Apple Mail (or Mac Mail) to even Outlook for Mac (2016 version). Outlook has the feature where it supports Pst files as well, which makes it very convenient for users employing “Mail Extractor Pro”.
Here is what you have to do:
- Download the free trial version here. It converts 10 items from each folder from Mac Mail to Outlook 2016 for Mac. Install and launch the tool.
- Click “Load”. It gives you two options to load your data –
- Auto Load – through Apple Mail direct “Mail” folder, Or,
- Manually loading Apple Mail Mailbox Export or ‘Mail’ for copied. Choose whichever fits you well. If you choose to load your emails manually through Mbox files, you need to have Mbox files saved, and then navigate to that location. Select the files and click “Open”.
- Next, you can see all the folders inside your selected Mbox files (or Apple Mail “ Mail” folder). You are free to choose which folders you want to convert by simply checking the boxes corresponding to the folders. Select all if you want full conversion.
- Click “convert” button given at the bottom.
The tool will go ahead and start its data conversion processing. Depending on the size of database and the number of Mbox files selected, it will take some time to convert everything.
Once done, it will give you a full report of the conversion, mentioning the items converted and many other details. Click on “Locate Converted PST” to automatically go to the location where the tool has saved the Pst files.
Now, you are free to import these Pst files to any email client where they are supported, including Outlook 2016. Outlook 2016 can import Pst files through its inbuilt “import” feature.
Import PST into Outlook 2016
To do that, click on File → Import. Click on “Import” from the setup screen. It will then ask you to add your account (if you are using Outlook 2016 for the first time) Or to import the files. You can do any of these activities (Import or add account) later.
For the scope of this tutorial, we will stick to import the Pst files. Thus, click on “import” button below “Add account” button. Select “Outlook for Windows Archive file (.Pst)” option and click “Continue”.
It can give you an error saying “You can import data to a new profile only”, then you need to first create a profile and make it a default profile. After having done that, you are free to import Pst files.
The Pst files generated by “Mail Extractor Pro” are very accurate in its data integrity. They contain the same data and elements as were originally in Mbox files in Apple Mail. It converts and protects elements like email attachments, folder hierarchy, non-English content, email properties, and nested messages.