Here is the fix, if you cannot import Outlook 2011 into Outlook 2016 for Mac.
You recently installed the version 2016 of Outlook for Mac. But your old data is still in Outlook 2011 and when you try to import it in Outlook 2016 you get some form of an error saying you can import data to a new profile only.
Cannot import Outlook 2011 into Outlook 2016 for Mac – Fix
The identity in Outlook 2011 (now called ‘Profile’) contains your emails, contacts, notes, tasks, contacts, and many other items. By installing Outlook 2016, you don’t automatically get your Outlook 2011 profile into newer version; you have to manually import it. And due to the error (stated above), it can frustrate and disappoint above.
Migrate data between Outlook 2011 and Outlook 2016
Don’t worry, here’s the step by step guide on how to create a new profile, and how to import Outlook 2011 into Outlook 2016.
- First, go to the ‘Finder,’ browse to the “Outlook” application, Ctrl+click on Outlook, and then click ‘Show Package contents.’
- Then, inside ‘contents,’ browse to ‘SharedSupport’ and then to ‘Outlook Profile Manager.’
- In the new window of “Profile Manager” that appears, click on the ‘Add’ button to create a new profile. Give it any name, preferably “Outlook 2011 data” since you are going to be importing your Outlook 2011 data here.
- Click the options button to open the drop-down menu and click ‘Set as Default’
Now, you’ve created the default new profile for your Outlook 2016 that will easily import Outlook 2011 profile. To do that,
- Go to Outlook for Mac 2016
- Click ‘File’ –> ‘Import’, choose ‘Outlook 2011 data on this computer’ –> ‘Continue’
- Let Outlook import all data, which might take time depending on how many items were in the database and how large the profile was.
Congratulations! You now have your Outlook 2011 data successfully imported to Outlook 2016.