How to convert Outlook to Thunderbird? The simplest answer is by converting PST files to Thunderbird compatible PST files using third party converters. But what is not as straightforward is which tool to actually use, and how to use them. Most of the third-party programs are not qualified to take on such a complex and heavy computational task. Neither are they built with everyday users in minds, and thus have a truly horrible user interfaces.
How to Convert Outlook to Thunderbird
Today, we have a surprised recommendation for you – a tutorial on how to convert Outlook to Thunderbird using the most efficient tool built by USL Software, called ‘PST Extractor Pro.’
USL Software developed ‘PST Extractor Pro’ keeping the basic everyday users in mind, not the professionals in IT department. What you get by that is extremely simple and intuitive graphical interface that anyone can start using in next few minutes. You can even skip this tutorial if you have the basic technical knowledge about email migration. For others, this tutorial will get you through the task in the most simplistic, error-free way.
First, start by downloading the tool here. You can install it directly without any activation key and use the tool in a free trial mode before buying the full version. Keep in mind that this is the only tool that works in Mac, and therefore, offers a lot more benefits and ease of use than Windows based tools.
Go to your programs list in Mac and launch it from ‘Applications.’
How to backup Outlook data to PST Files on Windows?
- First, you need PST files. This has to be done in your Windows PC where Outlook is installed.
- Go to ‘File’ → in Outlook Options window, click ‘Advanced’
- Click Export
- In the ‘Import and Export Wizard’, click ‘Export to a file’ and click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Outlook Data File (.PST)’ and click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select the location where you want to save the file
- Type the name for the .PST file and click ‘OK’
- Click ‘Finish’
Copy this file to your Mac computer where ‘PST Extractor Pro’ is installed
How to convert Outlook to Thunderbird with ‘PST Extractor Pro’
Now, it is the time to load this file on your tool installed in your Mac machine. Here are steps to do that.
- Click on ‘Add PST’
- Go to the location where you copied the PST file from the last step above
- NOTE – You can select more than one PST file at a time. So, feel free to convert in batch, saving your precious time. Only ‘PST Extractor Pro’ offers bulk files migration without affecting the stability of the tool and the accuracy of conversion.
- You can see all the folders inside this file. Unmark the folders that you wish to exclude from the conversion.
- Next, choose ‘Thunderbird’ as the output format. NOTE* – ‘PST Extractor Pro’ is a complete solution for your Windows Outlook to Mac email client’s migration needs. ‘Thunderbird’ is just one of the output format that you can convert PST files to.
- Check other settings options that are available:
- Save read/unread emails to separate folders
- Merge multiple contacts to a single VCF (virtual contact file) per folder
- Merge calendar reminders to a single ICS (iCal file) per folder
- Split MBOX files over any size (not recommended more than 500MB)
- Click ‘Convert’ and wait for the conversion to be over.
Once done, you will get the confirmation window, with a direct link to go to the location where you saved the Thunderbird files.
Import the converted files to Thunderbird
Now it is time to import those files to Thunderbird, which is extremely simple. Go to ‘File’ in Thunderbird and choose ‘Import’. Then, select the Thunderbird files that you just converted.
There you go! That’s all you need to do to convert Outlook to Thunderbird in the safest and quickest manner possible.
Download ‘PST Extractor Pro’. The free trial version limits the conversion to ten items per folder, but lets you try every other feature without restrictions.