Here is the tutorial for how to convert Outlook PST to Apple Mail, with the most popular PST converter tool named at ‘PST Extractor Pro. It works on Mac and convert PST file into Apple Mail Archive, Thunderbird Mail Database, Postbox, Entourage Archive, MBOX and EML file including Mails, Calendars and Contacts.
How to convert Outlook Pst to Apple Mail using PST Extractor Pro
“Pst Extractor Pro” is a perfect converter of Pst files that offers complete, accurate, and a simple way to migrate data from Windows Outlook to Apple Mail. It has a user-friendly interface and essential features to convert everything, including emails, contact, and calendar data, without any corruption in data.
The graphical wizard takes you through simple steps to perform precise Pst conversion effortlessly. The wizard is comprised of just one simple screen, where all the features are laid out simply, making the process easy and straightforward.
Here are the main steps for converting Outlook data to Apple Mail
How to convert Outlook PST to Apple Mail files with ‘PST Extractor Pro’. Here is the steps to follow.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Add PST for conversion
Click on ‘Add Pst‘ to load your Pst files. Navigate to the location where the files are stored and select them.
Select what you want to convert
After the files are selected (loaded), the tool will preview the folders inside the Pst files. You can see the folders and the correct hierarchy of the folders.
Choose the output format
By default, all the folders will be checked for conversion to Apple Mail Archive format. You can uncheck the folders that you want to exclude from the conversion.
Get output format & Log file
From the output format, choose “Apple Mail, Address Book, Calendar” option.
Some Additional Settings
Following that, there will be certain additional options that you can specify.
- Check the box to save the read and unread emails in separate folders. If you leave it unchecked, the status of read and unread emails will still preserve. But they will be converted and saved inside the same folder.
- Merge Calendar data in one Ics file per calendar folder. If you leave it unchecked, the tool will still be able to detect the contact folder and automatically convert the data to Ics file. But it will convert each item to individual Ics file, instead of merging one folder data to a single file.
- Merge contacts in one single Vcf file per contact folder. Similar to Calendar conversion, if you leave this option unchecked. The tool will convert each contact to individual Vcf file.
- Split Mbox files and specify the size limit to split. If your Pst files are big in size, naturally the converted Mbox files will also be big, which can negatively impact the performance of Apple Mail when you import the files. You can split the Mbox files into two smaller parts and specify the maximum Mbox file limit. If crossed, the tool will automatically split it into two parts.
- “Pst Extractor Pro” offers this easy graphical wizard where everything makes intuitive sense and is down-to-earth simple. It has simplified an otherwise overly complex, long, and daunting task of Outlook Pst to Apple Mail or mbox conversions.
- You can download the free trial version of the tool here. It lets you convert 10 items from each folder inside the selected Pst files to Apple Mail Mbox files.