Convert Mac Outlook 2011 to Windows Live Mail
You have a Mac and you used it for both of your office and personal work. But then you bought a Windows PC for your home, installed Windows Live Mail email client. All ready to go. Then it hits you! Windows Live Mail is empty. There is nothing to show. You realize you need to move all the emails from Outlook Mac 2011 to Windows Live Mail, but you are clueless how to do that.
Do not worry. This is perhaps the first time you encountered such a task, but there is a definite solution to this, something that you can use it without any effort. It is called “OLM Extractor Pro”, and it can convert the Outlook Mac 2011 data using the Olm files into Eml files that can be imported to Windows Live Mail.
There is a definite, straightforward, and clear method to do this using “OLM Extractor Pro”, unlike the other manual methods that are too complicated for basic users. It has just one screen in its wizard with the buttons and options arranged systematically to make everything simple for you.
Let me quickly summarize the steps in “Olm Extractor Pro” in order to convert Outlook Mac 2011 to Windows Live Mail –
You can download it from here. This is for the free limited version to give you the chance to try it out. You can at anytime register for the full paid license by clicking on the ‘register’ button given at the top of the application screen.
- Go to “Add Olm”. This opens up a new windows. You have to navigate to the place where the Olm files are stored and select them.
Note*- You can select more than one Olm file. This is one of the best features of this software that it can handle any number and size of Olm files and doesn’t make the process any slower or more sluggish.
- Once they are loaded by the tool, all the folders inside will be on display under the preview section.
- You can filter the type of content you want to convert. Such as mail, contacts, or calendar data. This helps a lot if you have many folders inside the Olm files, but you don’t to convert all of them. Simply click on the type of items you want to convert, and the rest will be hidden from you.
Ignore empty folders is another neat addition to make the preview section more cleaner.
- Check the boxes next to the folders you want to convert to Windows Live Mail. Uncheck the ones you don’t wish to convert.
By default, all the folders will be checked. You have to uncheck the ones you don’t want.
Other options making the task much more effective and giving you more flexibility
- Save read/unread emails in separate folders. There are tools that fail to keep the read/unread status. Some of the unread emails may turn to read emails, which would be bad if you don’t want it. “Olm Extractor Pro” not only preserves that read/unread status, it even allows you to convert and save them in two different folders.
- Merge contacts in one single Vcf file for each folder. This is yet again very convenient, because if you have many contacts, you wouldn’t want the tool to convert all of them to each separate Vcf file for each contact. Instead, you can convert all contacts from a single folder into a single Vcf file. It makes the transfer, backup, and management of contacts much more efficient, quicker, and effective.
- Same thing goes for the calendar data. It is not practically efficient to convert each calendar entry or reminder to a separate Ics file. Instead, you should merge all the data from one calendar folder to a single Ics file. “Olm Extractor Pro” supports that.
Rest of the steps included are –
- Moving on to the next and the final task, and that is to choose the output format you want the data to be converted into. Here, we are interested in Eml files because we have to import the data to Windows Live Mail. So choose “.eml, .vcf, .ics” from the list of output formats.
Keep in mind that it also lets you convert the selected Olm files to various other formats, such as Mbox, Entourage format, Thunderbird format, postbox format, etc.
- Click “convert” and a window appears notifying you about your trial version, and displaying a link to register for the full version. Click “Ok” if you want to continue with trial version, or if you have already tested it out, click on “register for full” button.
- Choose where to want to save the converted Eml, Vcf, and/or Ics files, and click “Save”.
“Olm Extractor Pro” has simplified this process that actually used to very hard, confusing, and not at all possible for normal basic users with not much skill in email migration.
That has been changed. Use the link given above just before the first step into the process, and download it (http://www.uslsoftware.com/download/olm-extractor-pro/).