Converting MBOX to PST, here are three facts you should be aware of before proceeding:
- Email remains the major form of communication, and will continue indefinitely. There are numerous email applications with unique features from each other, with no two being similar. And, to gain the maximum productivity and efficiency, sometimes you have to switch your email clients, or use more than one at one time.
- Converting MBOX to PST is a most common migration because MBOX is the most popular email storage format in Mac based email applications. Similarly, PST is a file format for Windows Outlook, which is the most used in Windows Platform.
- And the third fact is, email migration is definitely infamous for severe levels of data loss. And since, many users are daily converting MBOX to PST, we have a huge data of user’s reports that evidently confirm the risk of data loss during Mbox to PST migration.
There is a fourth fact that I could mention, but it is so obvious I didn’t include it in the list. It would be that no user wants to lose his or her emails and other items that have been stored painstakingly over many years, Right?
If you don’t care about data loss, you can skip this post. However, if you are the one that has concerns regarding what danger lurks during MBOX to PST email migration and what you could do to prevent your data, continue reading.
Causes of data loss
Data loss could occur due to several reasons. Some of those reasons, particularly during converting mbox to pst, would be:-
- failures or neglect in storage,
- hardware or system malfunction,
- electrical failure,
- system unexpected shutdown,
- interference by a an unlikely program running at the same time, and
- computer viruses and malware
- Human factors, accidentally deleting files, choosing wrong functions/features, manually modifying, and manual interference during sensitive operations, etc.
Some of these factors are completely random and pure unfortunate, and can occur anytime, not only during MBOX to PST conversion. In other words, not a lot could be done by us to immune ourselves from them. Then again, such factors are less likely be the cause of data loss in most of the cases because they are rare. Rest of the other causes can be prevented by taking extra care.
Here are some of the tips you could keep in mind while converting MBOX to PST next time:-
- Always keep your computer connected to power.
- Clean your computer of broken shortcuts, cache, temporary files, and registries.
- Close any unnecessary background programs using task manager. Be cautious while doing that, so as not to terminate any important operating programs.
- Run a full scan using a decent antivirus.
- Take backup of the data and if possible, copy it to a different computer.
We have discussed two categories of data loss types – 1. We could not do anything about. 2. We could make them less likely to occur by taking extra precaution.
Coming to the third type, those factors to data loss are the most severe and very likely to happen. The only solution to them is to employ a professional email migration tool. There are many tools that claim to convert MBOX to PST in a safe manner, but those are just claims.
Converting MBOX to PST with Mail Extractor Pro
Mail Extractor Pro works under the foundation of a latest technology that minimalism the likelihood of any such events resulting in data loss.
It could prevent itself from operating during the event of computer unexpected shutdown. Mail Extractor pro saves the data very swiftly, and shut down its own ongoing process, which makes the data less vulnerable to loss and corruption.
It makes sure no non-compatible program is running at the same time which could interfere with the tool’s ongoing operations. In cases where there are risky programs running in the background, it configures itself to make the files safe during any dodgy event.
Similar technology and programming protects the data and puts them in a safe environment, on which you could completely rely.
Download and Try It Today
MBOX to PST conversion has never been this much safer. “Mail Extractor Pro” has been a complete relief regarding this issue and many users have reported positive results using the tool.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and take a test by downloading its free demo version. It will restrict for a limited time, so you could test the features yourself. Once you are confident, purchase one of their three paid licenses.
You will be gripped by its unique features and the overall performance!