You are here to find out how to export Outlook 2019 to Apple Mail. But it is likely that you have read up on some possible ways to do so. As with every migration job involving email data, it can get overwhelming trying to find the right way. Because it’s not just that the method will fail after you invested in your time in it, but also that your data is at risk.
What follows below is none of the outdated and sloppy methods of email migration. People often pick up anything they find at first with the intention of saving time. But ultimately it results in the opposite of that.
So, congratulations on digging a bit deeper and not caving in at the first option that you either knew or recently read about.
We will get you to the end while exporting Outlook 2019 to Apple Mail flawlessly.
It doesn’t have to be that hard, as other sub-standard tools make it out to be.
Firstly, the only way to do it is by converting Outlook PST files to Apple Mail files. Any other approach is flawed, such as using a mediator email service to sync data internally without using files. Most of the solutions you most likely have read up on are inevitably inconsistent and results in defective output files. Converting PST to Apple Mail is what the only right solution is and that too depends heavily on the tool you use.
Export Outlook 2019 PST to Apple Mail
So, not wasting yours and our time, we would like you to recommend “PST Extractor Pro” developed by a renowned company, USL Software. It’s the perfect tool to convert PST files and gives you no issues while exporting Outlook 2019 to Apple Mail.
Archive Outlook 2019 data to PST Files
First off, as said above, you need PST files. So, if all your data is in Outlook 2019 mailbox files, you need to archive it all into PST. It’s a quick procedure that won’t take much time. In fact, it may be possible that Outlook automatically archived your data to PST because there’s such a feature. It just needs to be turned on and tweaked according to your needs.
Check this folder for any archived files: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Outlook Files\. Then look for the ‘Archive.pst’ file.
If you can’t find it, you can also manually archive the data. In fact, it’s better to do it manually in case the automatic archive hasn’t taken the latest changes into consideration.
To manually put all your Outlook 2019 data to PST files, go to:
- Click File > Info > Tools > Clean up old items
- Click Archive this folder and all subfolders
- Set the data to archive the emails from
- Choose a location to save the PST file
- Click ‘OK’
Now you have to use this file with the USL’s tool “PST Extractor Pro” to convert it into Mac Mail.
The good thing about “PST Extractor Pro” is that it gives you two options to do so: you can either convert PST to MBOX, the generic file applicable in many email clients including Mac Mail, or you can directly convert PST to ‘Mail’ database folder, which is only applicable in Mac Mail but is more convenient than MBOX.
We recommend converting Outlook 2019 to ‘Mail’.
Get to know How “PST Extractor Pro” Works
Now that you have the PST files, it’s time to use it with the tool to convert it for Mac Mail.
It’s simple. First download the tool here. You can leave it in a free trial version first to check it out and see how it works. Only ten items will be converted in a trial mode but it’s enough for you to assess the tool’s functionality. Activate it later to full version at your own comfortable and appropriate moment.
How to export Outlook 2019 to Apple Mail
- Now launch “PST Extractor Pro”.
- Click on ‘Add PST’
- Go to the same location you saved PST files at and select them.
- You can see all the folders inside your files.
- Either leave all of them checked for conversion or you can manually un-check any unnecessary folder you don’t want to export to Mac Mail.
- Now select output format as ‘Apple Mail, Address Book, Calendar (iCal)‘.
- Then click on ‘Convert‘.
There are additional choices available in settings that you can set to your requirements.
- You can choose to save read and unread emails in separate folders after the conversion to Mac Mail
- You can choose to merge all contacts and calendar to a single VCF and ICS file respectively per folder, instead of all entries to individual files.
- If you are converting PST to MBOX, you can split large MBOX files into smaller ones by specifying the maximum allowed size
Lastly, select the output format as either MBOX or ‘Mail.’ Here you will also notice that the tool gives you the option to convert PST to many other formats applicable in Mac-based clients like Thunderbird, Postbox, and Entourage, and even EML files.
What “PST Extractor Pro” Offers Differently!
We said above that the tool is the finest solution available today. But there are other tools too; they are not as effective as this one due to several reasons. The most important of them are listed below.
- PST Extractor Pro is the only one that comes with a dedicated support for Unicode. The algorithms responsible for dealing with non-English characters like Chinese and Japanese are processed with a different, more sophisticated set of algorithms that ensures clean and precise output
- It’s also the only tool that maps your folder hierarchy from Outlook 2019 PST to Apple Mail correctly without any distortion. The entire structure is traced with ultra-sharp precision
- The support of USL Software adds a whole new and much important dimension to the entire experience, especially in a larger migration project dealing with tens of PST files. The support staff is friendly, expert at email migration, and quick to respond.
The trial version allows for seeing the tool up close without any obligation. You can check out it performs with your personal database and in your computer.