Apple Mail seems to be having a common issue where several emails appear to be blank (Blank emails in Apple Mail). Fortunately, Apple is working on the fix, but here’s what you can do for the time being.
Blank Emails In Apple Mail – Problem and Solutions
Firstly, re-building or re-indexing profiles or mailboxes is often the most convincing and valid solution to most problems. It can help you get rid of majority of problems. However, it is a long process and can be quite time-consuming.
If there’s another solution that can solve your problem, it’s better to go that route. Just like the blank emails do have a solution other than re-building the mailbox.
You need to re-import the .mbox packages of Apple Mail.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the library of Apple Mail where the contents are stored. Here’s the address: user/Library/Mail/V2. You can go there directly from ‘Finder’ –> Go –> and choose ‘Library’
- Copy each .mbox file to your Mac desktop. This is where your data is stored.
- Launch ‘Mail’ –> Go to ‘File’ –> Import Mailbox
- Choose ‘Apple Mail’ –> Continue
- Locate the .mbox files you copied to the desktop and click ‘choose’
What this did is re-imported your data to a new folder called ‘import’. You are free to move those messages to your original folder or wherever you want.
Yes, this is not a perfectly valid solution, but it is lot quicker than re-building your Mailboxes. And it works the problem at hand.