Convert Gmail Takeout to Outlook (PST)
The Google Takeout feature isn’t too useful for Windows Outlook users. The reason for that is that Google Takeout file is in MBOX format, and it isn’t compatible with Windows Outlook / Mac Outlook. It’s a native file for Apple Mail and can be used with few other clients, but not Outlook. This poses a question to Windows users – how can they convert Gmail Takeout to Outlook PST?
This post will deal with that question, and by the end of it, you’d be a professional in converting Gmail Takeout MBOX file to Outlook PST. For this purpose, you are going to be using “Mail Extractor Pro,” which is the best MBOX to PST converter that is available. It has all the necessary features – intuitive GUI, fast conversion, safe and accurate algorithms, etc. – that you need for successful data export.
How to Convert Gmail Takeout MBOX to Outlook PST in Mac
MBOX and PST are two files with incredibly varying degrees of structures, framework, and everything. This job of converting MBOX to PST has been a real humdinger for many users, including advanced IT professionals. But with the use of ‘Mail Extractor Pro,’ it can now be done with least effort. The tool also protects the integrity of data while conversion, and ensures no amount of information is miscalculated, and thus damage the fidelity of your emails.
“Mail Extractor Pro” is a Mac based tool for 10.6 OS X or higher.
It’s extremely simple to use. Follow the steps below:
- First, download the tool here. Double click on the setup and follow the instructions to install it. Don’t yet worry about activating it. You can continue the rest of the tutorial in the free trial mode, but keep in mind that the free mode converts only ten items from each folder inside the MBOX file. This will help you see if the tool works for you or not, before you buy the full version.
- After it is installed, launch the tool, and click on ‘MBOX files: Load’. Choose the MBOX files you got from Google Takeout.
- The tool will display all the folders inside this MBOX file. You can de-select any folder that don’t want to convert to PST.
- Set the maximum PST file size. The tool will automatically split the files into multiple small files, if required.
- Wait for the conversion to be over.
- In the final confirmation window, click on ‘Locate Converted PST’ and copy all the files to your Windows Outlook / Mac Outlook.
Viola! You have successfully converted your Gmail Takeout to Outlook PST. “Mail Extractor Pro” makes this conversion as seamless as possible, as you can see from a very simple tutorial above. It is also the only tool that works for converting non-English text with defects, preserves folder hierarchy, can split large PST files, and many more unique features.
Download and Try It Today
If you haven’t got ‘Mail Extractor Pro,’ do not hesitate to try it now. The free trial version is there to clear up any doubts you might have. Click Here to read more & Download it and check out how it works for you.
Mail Extractor Pro helps to migrate emails from Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Postbox and MBOX files to PST for Mac Outlook 2016 / 15.6 / 2011 and Windows Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003.
- Auto Load Mail Database
- 100% Accurate Conversion
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy
- Preserve Mail Items
- Support Unicode Contents
- Support Any Size Mailbox
- Fast Performance
- Bug & Error Free Conversion