Import Outlook Pst to Mozilla Thunderbird with effective way using “PST Extractor Pro”
Thunderbird is the only email client of its stature that is available for all three popular operating systems – Mac, Windows, and Linux. And it is free.
The statement above is very compelling for users to download Thunderbird. And it has done good. There are many users who use Thunderbird on daily basis for their email needs. Even users who have bought Outlook sometimes prefer to use Thunderbird for its versatility and cross-platform ability.
Sometimes Outlook users don’t want to buy the new, updated Outlook versions. Either because they can’t afford it or they didn’t like the preview. And over time their earlier Outlook versions start to get outdated. In majority of such cases, they move to Thunderbird.
Moreover, if they are moving from Windows to Mac, it is seen that they prefer Thunderbird in Mac (Apple Mail is also a strong opponent). Because Mac Outlook is very limited as compared to its Windows counterpart and is costly.
The bottom line is that Thunderbird is popular and many users are switching to it for several reasons.
This switching creates a problem of transferring data including emails, contacts, and calendar. If you are coming from Windows Outlook, you just can’t open Pst file on Thunderbird.
There are several ways to deal with this. Some users don’t use the Pst file at all but migrate the data internally from client to client using an email account as an intermediary. There are other ways to move the data as well. You can find those methods on internet. Most of them are half-baked solutions and therefore many people recommend using a third party tool.
These tools can take your data from Pst files and convert them to Thunderbird compatible files. You can then import those converted files to Thunderbird easily using the import/export function. However, it is very important that the tool used is professionally designed by a trusted team of developers. Otherwise it can get tedious and the results can be inefficient.
Best Way to Import Outlook PST to Mozilla Thunderbird
You can use “Pst Extractor Pro” which fits that category. It is developed by USL Software and offers an easy way to convert / import Outlook Pst to Mozilla Thunderbird. USL truly made it into a user-friendly tool with neatly built graphical interface. The whole process is made to suit users with no experience with such task. The interaction with the tool using the GUI is very intuitive and natural.
Here are few more things worth knowing about “Pst Extractor Pro”
- It preserves the folder hierarchy
- It supports conversion of non-English text
- It preserves data integrity and converts images, attachments, headers, meta-data, nested messages, etc. properly
- It converts contacts and calendar data to Vcf and Ics file respectively, and merge them into one respective file.
- Option to convert and save read and unread emails in separate folders.
- Split Mbox files. Set the size to split manually.
How It Works
- Get ‘PST Extractor Pro’ and Install it on Mac.
- Launch it and click on “Add PST”.
- Now browse and locate PST file, then click on “OPEN”.
- You can also drag & drop PST files into the preview panel.
- Optional Settings:
- Check what you want to convert (Mails, Contacts & Calendars) – By default all are selected.
- Check Ignore Empty Folders to exclude them from conversion.
- Check/Uncheck folder from preview panel that you want to convert – By default all folders are selected.
- Now choose the output format from the drop-down as Mozilla Thunderbird, *.ICS, *.VCF
- Then click on “CONVERT”.
Free Trial to Import PST to Thunderbird
The tool has offered the best way to import Outlook Pst to Mozilla Thunderbird, and can be downloaded as a free trial version (Download Here).