Import PST into Apple Mail with No Hassle
PST file is a data file by Microsoft for Windows Outlook. It can be imported into Mac Outlook, but that’s about it. It is not of any service outside these two Outlook clients.
So how are you supposed to move your locally stored emails in Windows Outlook to other client that doesn’t support PST files? There are few ways from using a manual IMAP based technique to third-party automatic tools. But most of them are worthless in terms of their efficiency, ease of use, and support. They are just not worth your time.
Fortunately, there is one software application (developed by USL Software) that makes it an effortless job even if you have no experience or any technical knowledge.
So first of all, the tool doesn’t directly import PST into Apple Mail because it is not technically feasible. PST has a totally different data structures and tables that are not compatible with Apple Mail. Importing PST into Apple Mail without any intermediary conversion between formats is impossible.
So, this tool, called ‘PST Extractor Pro‘, offers you a conversion mechanism that puts every data from PST files to MBOX file format, which is natively supported by Apple Mail. And since, both files are dissimilar structure and data tables, this process is not as easy as it sounds.
But the team of developers at USL Software have found a way to cleanly export data between the clients and their data files without losing any data integrity. The algorithms employed are sufficiently precise enough to extract contents and reconstruct them to a complete new format without making mess of your data.
Import PST into Apple Mail using PST Extractor Pro
Moreover, the tool also features some additional functionalities that have been missing from dozens of other ordinary tools in the same category.
- PST Extractor Pro allows you to split large MBOX files. You just have to set the maximum file size appropriately depending on the original size of PST files. Small MBOX files are easier to import.
- The tool also lets you review the folders inside the PST files and lets you select or de-select the folders. There is even an option to ignore all empty folders and filter the rest of the folders accordingly to the type of contents inside them, such as contacts, mails, or calendar data.
- You can also keep the read and unread emails in separate inbox folders in the output MBOX files. This is especially impressive when the traditional tools to import PST into Apple Mail cannot even keep the read/unread status preserved.
- The tool automatically converts the contacts and calendar data to VCF and ICS file respectively. There is also an option to merge all contacts from one folder to VCF and all calendar entries from one folder to an ICS file.
- Batch conversion support also simplifies the large-scale migration projects considerably. Regardless of how many PST files and how large PST files you have to import to Apple Mail, you can use “PST Extractor Pro” to convert all of them at the same time.
All of these abilities give you a smooth ride to an otherwise very bumpy one.
Importing PST into Apple Mail has always been a huge challenging prospect, even for advanced IT department guys. Most of the converters do a little less than what’s required of them. And when the complex and sensitive email data is concerned, any minor issue can eventually turn out to be incredibly painful for the user.
Thankfully, “PST Extractor Pro” is built keeping all these challenges in mind. It is built keeping the basic home user in mind and also an IT user. This is why it is the most advanced PST to Apple Mail converter, but also the easiest to use.
Get it to import PST into Apple Mail
Make sure to download the setup now. After installing, you can try it out in a free demo mode that converts ten items within each folder, if you don’t want to buy the full version right away.
You can contact the support team if you have any questions. USL Software’s tech support is very quick to respond, friendly, and comprises of migration experts, all ready to help you in any way possible.
Try PST Extractor Pro Now to import pst into Apple Mail.